meta name="p:domain_verify" content="c874e4ecbd59f91b5d5f901dc03e5f82"/>

Pages

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Mixing It Up Some More...


...and who knows where in the unconscious this piece came from! Jazzy, it's called, and Jazzy it feels. Velvet and lutradur, as well as papers and paint, and scrim on the base. Thick, thick paint (try clicking on the image for a closer look); impasto gone mad! It's the first time I've used lutradur in this kind of piece, and I'll be using it more often, trust me! And there's a shell, too, but a Scottish shell... all of my hoarded embellishments are coming out of the box and onto the work these days. Not that I can remember where I got *every* piece of shell, you understand... but this one came from the Highlands, the Black Isle to be precise(ish). The piece is titled 'Jazzy', because the song 'All That Jazz' keeps whirling round my head every time I look at it. That gave me a bit of a clue!

I feel the call of the sewing machine today, and it's a bit cooler than it was yesterday, so upstairs won't be such an oven. I'm off to open the windows and clear a path to the door...it may be that Jill will come over today on a quest for fabrics (officially sanctioned, no less), and I'd like her to be able to get into the room without falling over... I've always said that tidy is overrated, but this is a bit extreme...

3 comments:

Karen Stiehl Osborn said...

I love the freedom and wild abandon in this piece!

Rose said...

I love the colors, now I feel "jazzed up" and ready for the day!

Ahava Hopps Brooke said...

I agree that it looks like Jazz. It's a handsome piece.