meta name="p:domain_verify" content="c874e4ecbd59f91b5d5f901dc03e5f82"/>

Pages

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

At Last...



I'm feeling almost human. It has taken quite a while to shake off the effects of the flu or whatever virus invaded my system. No fun at all. Today, I'm wandering around doing The Boring Bits...creating custom boxes for things that have to be sent, a painting via etsy to the US (above), a shoe shrine via a swap to Cambridge (below)... Nobody thinks about this kind of work when they envisage the artist at work, do they! I hate it with a passion, but it has to be done, the packing, the admin, the visits to the post office... And I've been trading work on etsy, acquiring some lovely small pieces of art and a couple of lovely handbags in exchange for pieces done by me. I profoundly approve of barter!

I'm really signing off, here, for a couple of weeks. Holidays, family and friends all beckon. I will, however, be back just after Christmas, doubtless with a lot to say, as usual! I'd like to thank everyone who comes to my blogs, who looks at my shops, who sends me encouraging feedback. You have no idea how important these things are to me. I spend most of my time on my own; you all remind me that there is a world out there, and that I have a place in it. Thank you. Wishing you all joy during the holiday season and throughout the year.

11 comments:

Dianne said...

Love the shoe..

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEARS.
To the both of you..
Love Dianne

Karen said...

I hate the "admin" side - especially packing things up to post!
Have a lovely Christmas - glad you are feeling better.
Regards
K

Julie said...

Good to hear you're feeling better Marion. Have a great Christmas and we'll see you soon. Take care.

Unknown said...

Glad you are on the mend, Have a great christmas and look forward to reading your blog when you get back

Anonymous said...

Glad you're feeling better; have a lovely time over the festive season. Look forward to seeing you and your blog again in the new year! Very best wishes to you.

Trapper said...

have a great xmas .. I am guessign that I will see you after Christmas then missy .... and with the pressie for your shed/studio.

S and J

The WestCountryBuddha said...

Have a wonderful Christmas Marion, and a peaceful, happy and healthy New Year. x

Shirley Goodwin said...

Have a wonderful Christmas and New Year, Marion.

Suzanne said...

Glad to hear your feeling better, and just in time for the festivities, have a wonderful holiday to you and family,
the shoe is wonderful, great job.
Suzanne

John Dyhouse said...

Hi, Thanks for visiting my blog recently. I usually like to update it once or twice a week but a number of (minor ) problems at home has forced me to leave off the web involvement just recenly.

I enjoyed reading your blog and there are plenty of links I have made a note to follow up, and will definitely be back here soon

Hope you are feeling better and have a great Christmas

John

Sandra Wyman said...

Happy New Year! (didn't get my act together in time to say Merry Christmas. I too spend a lot of time on my own - so I know what you mean about appreciating the friendship and support of cyber-friends.