meta name="p:domain_verify" content="c874e4ecbd59f91b5d5f901dc03e5f82"/>

Pages

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Progress...

...on the small brown piece I've been working on (more on it here and, indirectly, here).  This is where we were at... printed upon but otherwise untouched...

so... it seemed to me that I needed some machine stitch, and something to go inside those circles.  The machine stitch was easy; orange circles to reinforce the print.  I thought that there needed to be something substantial added to the circles in the centre, and made some multicolour felt beads.  I had used some of them in the jewellery I've been making recently, cut in half to give me a flat surface to use to stick them down.  But when I cut into them, I discovered that they were MUCH more interesting on the cut side, than on the outside...


so... the whole thing looks like this;

It's still not finished, but it has improved.  I think there's something about adding thin wrapped twigs along the length, or perhaps some flat discs... or both.  And perhaps some more paint.

Tomorrow... perhaps... though I really should be preparing for the show I'm doing at Spalding next weekend...


2 comments:

Bossymamma said...

It's really interesting to see how this is progressing. The cut beads add quite a zing to it.

marion barnett said...

Thank you... it's always encouraging to have feedback on the work.