meta name="p:domain_verify" content="c874e4ecbd59f91b5d5f901dc03e5f82"/>

Pages

Monday, April 02, 2018

Tulip Temptation

I've always had a thing about tulips.  I wrote here about taking photographs of tulips in a graveyard, the trigger for all the macro photography I've done (and there has been quite a lot of it).  Robin's mother came to visit last weekend, clutching these beauties, a glorious mixture of colours.


There is something incredibly elegant about tulips, I've always thought.  Daffodils are frilly, snowdrops delicate, but tulips, to me at least, mark the cusp of spring and summer by the depth of their colour.  Admittedly, sitting here waiting for snow, thinking of summer seems overly optimistic, but a girl can dream...

And then, there's the interior of tulips, a fascinating contrast of colours and shapes, and the area on which I've tended to concentrate when taking photographs.




I like all of these images, but the one that really appeals is the last one, the yellow.  It's got it all; texture, intriguing shapes, variations in colour and form.  If I was looking for inspiration (and when am I not?), this would be The One.  And probably will be the basis for at least some drawings.  The others are ideal for printing and stitching, and each has its own distinct mood, but the yellow gives me more...so watch this space...

1 comment:

Bossymamma said...

I love tulips: their unfussy shape and beautiful colours sing to me.