meta name="p:domain_verify" content="c874e4ecbd59f91b5d5f901dc03e5f82"/>

Pages

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Knowing Where To Stop.

Sometimes, it's tempting to gild the lily.  Have a look at this...


I went into my software, intending to edit this  image.  And then I realised that there really wasn't anything I wanted to do to it.  It's got the right look and feel to it.  I really like it.  So... I thought, don't do anything.  And so, dear reader, I didn't.  I feel some stitch coming on, when it gets printed out onto Evolon.

And then I thought... oh my, that's a short blog post.  So I thought I'd use one of my favourite techniques.  I cropped it.  And here it is...

This has a completely different feel to it, somehow.  I don't like it as much.  The contrast of light and shade and colour, is much less, and I feel that the delicate feeling of the first image is lost in the second.  So...I'll not be keeping this one.  Nor will I be keeping the next one, where the colour has been intensified.


Yuck.  I think what I'm trying to say is, when in doubt, don't.


2 comments:

Bossymamma said...

Very sound advice but so easy to forget!

Myfanwy Hart said...

Good advice. Have to say that the last image reminds me of those awful wax flowers! You know - the the ones when they should have known when to stop :)