meta name="p:domain_verify" content="c874e4ecbd59f91b5d5f901dc03e5f82"/>

Monday, July 08, 2013

More KISSes...




I did some printing a couple of weeks ago, trying out some new blocks; I wrote about it here.  I liked this simple leaf block, and it printed fairly well.  I'd intended the motif for using individually, on little cards, but thought it might be interesting printed on fabric, too.  So I tried it on a postcard sized piece of lutradur, as you can see here;

I began printing using red fabric paint (from Colourcraft, for those of you who like to know these things...), making the two strong leaf shapes to either side of the lutradur.  Boring, I thought.  So, without removing the remains of the red fabric paint from the block, I added some blue, and overprinted.  That, I thought, was more like it.  But I still didn't like the contrast of the white against the red and lilac/blue.  So... I decided to transfer dye it, using some yellow that I had lying around... and here's the result.

I'm really rather pleased with that; it's a lot warmer.  I can't decide whether the leaf shapes really are leaves, or whether they are massed shields... either way, they're ready for stitch.  Just have to decide what to put beneath it; lutradur being semi transparent, different colours behind will have differing effects on the piece.  Ah, decisions, decisions...

Above all, it's amazing to me what can be done with a simple block and an enquiring mind!




2 comments:

Robbie said...

What a great idea!! You took a simple leaf and made it into an exciting piece!!! I've never stamped on my Lutradur...thanks for idea!

Dianne said...

Ah the Lutradur Queen, love what you have done with the simple stamp you made and then the transfer dying on top looks wonderful, thanks for sharing Marian and have a wonderful week..