Sunday, April 08, 2012
I've Started (Stitching)...
so I might as well continue. This is a lino cut, stitched with more of Dale's lovely variegated threads. When I made the original print, I looked at it and thought, There's too much white space in that, it'll never hold together coherently. And yet, it does. I used two similar threads; the darker version to delineate the flower heads, the paler version to explore the surrounding areas. I think it works.
I think it's an object lesson in trying things out. Those prints have been around for ages, but because I felt disheartened, I didn't bother trying to make them work. I'm actually really pleased with this piece, and actively want to get on with stitching some more!