meta name="p:domain_verify" content="c874e4ecbd59f91b5d5f901dc03e5f82"/>

Pages

Monday, October 17, 2011

Which Twin's The Toni?


I try to avoid pictures of me on the blog, but this one is an exception. It was taken in the Mirror Maze in the Garden of Surprises at Burghley. I would have given up early on, but Terry is made of sterner stuff, and found her way to the centre, then insisted that I joined her, to the amusement of another group of tourists, who joined in. The maze is reallyquite surreal, all those mirrors, particularly when you end up in a dead end... mildly nauseating. Far too many copies of me! There's lots of water in the park, too, gorgeous fountains, and a wonderful moss garden, complete with steam, or was it very fine spray? I'm not sure. The walls there were set with semi precious stones. And I was happy not to trigger the last of the surprises, which I think would have triggered a water feature at the exit. It wasn't warm enough to enjoy a wetting, no matter how much fun it was!

I'm hoping to go back to Burghley soon, to visit the house, as well as the town of Stamford, which reminded me of the Shambles at York. We didn't stop there, but drove through it; much of the architecture was amazing. Must try to talk Robin into it....

No comments: