meta name="p:domain_verify" content="c874e4ecbd59f91b5d5f901dc03e5f82"/>

Pages

Sunday, October 09, 2011

Autumn...


is making its presence felt. The image is a partial shot of a leaf I found in my garden; I thought the colours were beautiful. Like many of the other small images I've shown you recently, it has been printed on canvas, using Big Bertha, my large scale Epson printer, and then stitched into. The whole thing, mounted up, is just over 8" square; the piece itself is about 4 1/2 square. Small but perfectly formed...

I'm sitting here with two jumpers on, thinking about firing up the heating. It does seem a bit early for that, though, but if it continues to be as chilly as this, I will. And I think I'll look out my autumn/winter wardrobe, see what it is like. As it is, I'm now on my fourth scarf, a lacy knit from variegated colours, conker colours together with some rich green... that should be lovely when it's done. And I'm contemplating hand quilting something large, just to keep warm! And it's only October...sigh.

I've been out shopping this afternoon. Bought a frame to see if I like these small images framed up and ready to go. For small things, it's cheaper to buy a frame and see, than it is to make one by hand. Framing and I have had a whirlwhind romance, and then decided we don't like each other much. So I'm sticking to cutting mounts, which I can do well, and leaving the framing to Haydn and Robin. I also bought some fun double knitting wool in seriously bright colours, should cheer me up if nothing else does! And it's carry out curry tonight, which will warm the cockles nicely, particularly as I don't have to cook it! I'm off to set the plates out...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How exactly are you printing on canvas!?!? And is it just canvas from a fabric store!?!? I have an Epson 1400 and just ordered watercolor paper to do my own prints (tired of outsourcing) but printing on canvas would give me some AMAZING resale options!

denyse dar
blogtoberfest visitor
your life is a work of art!
www.denysedar.com

artmixter said...

Hi, Denyse,
I buy photographic canvas, ready prepped, from Amazon. It comes on the roll, ready for the printer. Hope that helps.