meta name="p:domain_verify" content="c874e4ecbd59f91b5d5f901dc03e5f82"/>

Pages

Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Ah, The Glamour Of It All...




usually, when people hear that you get paid for making art, they say how interesting it must be... and of course, most of the time, it is. But, just like everything else, it has its boring bits. My boring bits are here, in the images. I spent some of today doing them. Firstly, I coated some Evolon with medium, so that I can make more prints on Big Bertha. Then, I cut a lot of mounts for the small prints I've stitched into recently (the mount cutter has miraculously reappeared!).

Fortunately, though there are many boring bits like this in art work, it's the results that make it worthwhile... the work itself, the effect it has on me and on others, the feedback... it creates beauty and change. Which is why I do it. The final image is one of the stitched pieces. I'm very happy with it. I hope you like it, too.

No comments: