meta name="p:domain_verify" content="c874e4ecbd59f91b5d5f901dc03e5f82"/>

Pages

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Slowly, slowly...


a bit like a snail, I'm getting to do a little bit of work. I underestimated this illness in my last post, and most of the things I wanted to get done, haven't. More lying about, reading, and generally not doing much. But it has had its upside. I've managed to make some more of the depression images, ready to print on Bertha. I really must stop calling them 'the depression images'; they are, in fact, part of a series called 'Inside Out'. The problem with mental health issues is that nobody sees anything wrong with you; this series is an attempt to take what's happening on the inside, a morass of pain, fear, rage, and show it on the outside. Portraits of unhappy people are not common... it's interesting to do this work, and it has lots of potential, I think.

But the image I'm showing you is of a little ACEO, proof that I'm not dead yet, creatively speaking, anyway. It's called 'Life's A Beach', and, as always, has been made using several layers of texture, and a bit of glitz. I hope it depicts the textures of a summer's day at the beach. Yes, I'm looking forward to the spring and summer...

I have the dentist tomorrow, which I'm not looking forward to, as he is intending to take a tooth out. Not my favourite occupation, but at least I'll be sitting down...

3 comments:

Monica said...

it is not only mental health illnesses that people do not see. Deafness is more than neglected and ignored.

artmixter said...

Yes, I agree, Monica. I wear a hearing aid in one ear, due to a congenital problem. And one of my great aunts was deaf, too. She was perceived as stupid by most people, I think, when she was far from it.
Thank you for your comment, you've given me food for thought.

liniecat said...

I reckon theres too little tolerance all round these days and yes, if we dont look 'broken' folks assume the worst of us.
Rest body and mind, theres a great deal of therapy in laying reading or sketching or thinking,whatever, so dont rush it!
Take care.