Wednesday, August 04, 2010
I have been known to say that 'I haven't got a magic wand'. Well, I have now. I saw it in a shop and decided that I just had to have it. I'm going to tart it up a bit, you understand, but this is the basic no frills magic wand that every girl just has to have. I have it displayed in a prominent place near my computer, as a reminder that, no matter how much I tart it up, it's not going to work UNLESS...
1. I know what I want to achieve. Whether that's cleaning the workshop out or creating a body of work, it doesn't really matter. I have to know what I want.
2. Turning up to do the work. If I don't make the time for this, I'm never going to make the work, clean out the workshop etc.
3. Being kind to myself. I need to look after myself properly, so that I can get things done.
4. Having a plan. If I want to achieve lots of different things, I need to work out what my priorities are, and use my time accordingly.
5. Turning up to do the work. Yes, it really does matter more than any of the rest of it.
So...I keep my magic wand to remind me that I don't need a magic wand. All I need to do is get on with it (whatever it is)...
ps if you need a bit of help with this, try looking at the Creative Focus book...it works the same as my magic wand, except that it helps you to do all the things I mentioned... and it's just as pretty!