meta name="p:domain_verify" content="c874e4ecbd59f91b5d5f901dc03e5f82"/>

Pages

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Colouring Up...



not from an overdose of sun, thankfully, though it has been hot here today... Dyeing is always somewhere on the agenda, and as I taught a dye class last week, and had some dye left over, I thought I'd use it up. And the time, too, yesterday, as my friend, fellow dyer Shirley Goodwin from New Zealand, wasn't feeling very well, so spent the day on the sofa in the conservatory, whilst I lurked in and around the shed. I'm particularly pleased with the results I had on some fine cotton, which the people I bought it from described as 'bandage muslin'. It has transparency, but it has a crispness to it that makes it very easy to handle. I have a thing about transparency, of course, and this just hits the spot. Not sure how I'm going to use it, or even if... I may well just pop it onto Etsy. As I keep telling people who say they can't cut into my cloth, 'there's plenty more where that came from'. The images show the finished cloth, and a snap of the green/blue one just after the dye went into the bucket.

The weather is ideal for dyeing, of course, and I've got a rust box dyeing happily in the sun, filled with Evolon. I'll be taking some of that with me to Festival of Quilts, along with my more conventional hand dyes, so that you can watch me demonstrate for ColourCraft and stroke the cloth at the same time!

11 comments:

Heather said...

Gorgeous colours - I know how those people feel who can't cut into the cloth. It's so lovely you think it doesn't need anything further done to it.

Judi said...

Absolutely lovely!!

Cécile Meraglia said...

Magnifiques teintures !!!

wlstarn said...

wow, what gorgeous colors. I especially like the ones in the top photo. I assume these are mx dyes?

Judy Nolan said...

Ooh...ahh...such pretty colors!

Kathryn Dyche said...

Loving the colors, sounds like so much fun.

Diane Perin said...

Hi – I wanted to let you know that the Artful Quilters Blog Ring has moved. We’d love to have your blog move to the new ring! You can read about the details here: http://goingtopieces.blogspot.com/2010/07/artful-bloggers-ring-moving-follow-us.html
Thanks! Diane
PS -- gorgeous dye going on -- makes me want to get out my supplies!

Rosa Maria said...

Adorei as cores!

vishal said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
vishal said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
term papers said...

Thanks for this fabulous information. This really helps, i've been looking for this kind of info hub on this issue for a long time now and for sure this one is great.