meta name="p:domain_verify" content="c874e4ecbd59f91b5d5f901dc03e5f82"/>

Pages

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Happy Days...


e
are here again. Not only is it Spring, it's warm enough to work out of doors, just in time for the first workshop in The Little Green Shed. We were working with Lovely Lutradur, and you can see the feverish activity within and outwith the shed. Judging by the laughter quotient, everyone had great fun. And we worked hard; transfer dyeing, learning about using transparency, even a little side trip into using Angelina fibres. Everyone went away with several pieces of lutradur, all ready to stitch into. I did provide chairs, but nobody actually sat in them, and lunch was terminated rapidly when someone said 'But I want to get back into the shed...' in a plaintive voice. Mind you, the bowl with the chocolate in it did go out into the shed with us... no surprises there! What's a workshop without chocolate, after all! If you're interested in a tailor made workshop for four people, I'll be putting up a post on The Other Blog in the next day or so.

Meanwhile, today was the day I finished 'Finding Your Creative Focus'...hurrah! That is, until my editor is done with it; there will doubtless be a revision or two... but that leaves me free to focus on Exquisite Evolon. Hurrah for that too!

11 comments:

Chauncey said...

Looks like great fun, Marion. And chocolate too? I bet you throw a great workshop.

Pamela Baker said...

Would have loved to be at your workshop - sounds like a lot of fun.

Did you finish the book? Should we keep going? I finished diagraming my rooms for Chapter 6.

Yankeegirl said...

Looks like so much fun...nice little "shed"!!LOL

Splendid Little Stars said...

totally looks like fun!!!

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

How I wish I was *there* instead of *here*!!!! It looks like it was a fun time!
And congrats on finishing the book---don't know how you do it all.....

Leslie said...

I am going to get there, really, I am. Hasn't been warm enough for us to want to work outside yet. Looks like a great time had by all.

Judy Nolan said...

The workshop (and weather) look wonderful! Congrats on finishing the book, too.

Baroness Bijoutery said...

Looks like a great time was had by one and all...

Anonymous said...

Great blog Marion. Loved the pics.

Downunderdale said...

Marion - I have missed something - you are writing a book Exquisite Evolon? - Dale

Tami @ Lemon Tree Tales said...

The workshop looked like everyone had a blast. Funny, but when I read the words "the little shed" I immediately envisioned an older Englishman with cans of nuts and bolts. :-)

I think that I like your version much, much more. LOL