meta name="p:domain_verify" content="c874e4ecbd59f91b5d5f901dc03e5f82"/>

Pages

Thursday, April 02, 2009

Collage Mania? Artist Mania, More Like!


Nobody but me spotted the deliberate mistake in my submission to Collage Mania... yes, if you read it carefully, Almost Four is, strictly speaking, not a collage. Oops. What a twit! So I wrote a grovelling note to Karen, who was accepting the donated pieces, and said, well...what do you want to do? She, thankfully, decided to keep the piece (which kept the peace, of course...ouch...). I did, though, offer her another collage, a PROPER collage this time, the one above. Like the other pieces, this is in honor of my lovely friend and fellow quilter, the late Lynn Bunis, and all the fabrics in it came out of her stash. The piece is called 'Like A Little Candle'. I do hope they all sell...

I just got back from our local gallery in Dereham, where I have some mixed media pieces on show; I'm fortunate enough to be one of their featured artists. I've agreed with them that I'll do regular weekly classes on their premises, one during the day, and one in the evenings; watch this space for more information tomorrow! I'm planning to mix and match textile and mixed media techniques, with a bit of painting thrown in. I may even knit... and you know I don't knit...just don't ask me to crochet, as I'm a crochet incompetent!

2 comments:

Mickey said...

Cograts on the teaching...they will learn a great deal from you and if you're like me, you'll enjoy it as well.

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

Well Marion, at least you make me feel better about not being able to remember anything of late.....like the fact that there are groceries all over the kitchen table that need putting away, and I'm sure some of it is cold stuff.....
Sometimes we just go too many directions at once and the brain says, "Um, no. Not playing." ;)