meta name="p:domain_verify" content="c874e4ecbd59f91b5d5f901dc03e5f82"/>

Pages

Thursday, October 09, 2008

Looking For Guinea Pigs...


or victims, if you prefer!!

I'm in the process of writing a book about getting past the practical and mental blocks or barriers we may have, or put, between ourselves and creative work. I know, it's not an original idea for a book, but it is my approach thereto, and therefore original at least to me. I would like to try it out on some people, and intend to put together a yahoo group to do so. I can't offer any money (I don't have any ), but you do get to work through the process with me, and with the other participants. I would also throw in a free copy of the book when it is published, and a name check in the book itself. I may want to quote you, but if I do, I'll ask for your written permission, and I won't put any pressure on you to agree. I'm looking for around ten people to participate in this process. You can be based anywhere, as I'll be doing most of this work by email, though I can phone, too. I'm looking for a cross section of people, from beginners to more experienced crafters/artists; I hope the techniques will benefit everyone, though I should think that beginners would benefit most.

The book is in the early stages, but I'd be ready to run with the early chapters at the beginning of November. If you would like to take part in this, please email me by 20th October(my email address is in my Blogger profile). I'll notify everyone who has applied at that stage as to what is going on.

Actually, if I'm honest, I'm writing two books at once... I'm in the planning stages of a book about Evolon, which I love as much as I love lutradur! Well, I usually read at least two books at once, so why not? The image above is of an Evolon quilt, Flying Circus, which I think I may have shown here before, or which you may have seen at Festival of Quilts on the Spunart stand.

13 comments:

Pamela Baker said...

Marion - your book sounds like an interesting and innovative idea. Are you looking only for painters, etc. If you are going to any one jewelers, I would love to participate (or be your guinea pig!) Also could help in the writing process. I did all the writing introductions, etc and an 3 page intro of various mediums of art of "Artisanimpact's" Catalogues.
Let me know
Thanks Pam

Zuda Gay Pease said...

I don't know how much help I would be, but if you can use me I would be glad to help. What I'm actually commenting on is Flying Circus. I REALLY LOVE this!!! It is soo cool!! I love all the fliers and there is even a horse in there!!

Sixth and Elm said...

I'm a good guinea pig! I'd love to be part of your project. It sounds like a neat way to share your artist process with the multitudes...

On a Whimsey said...

This sounds like it could be really fascinating!
Don't know if I can be of any use/help but would love to be involved! Just let me know!!

Dale Anne Potter said...

I'm willing, but I don't know how much help I could be to you.
Your book idea sounds like a GREAT one!

Rose said...

Love the idea for the book Marion and will email you to volunteer..

AltheaP said...

I'd love to be part of this, Marion.

Fulvia said...

Marion,

I send you an email directly to express my interest in participating; thanks.

Anne Wigfull said...

Having just spent 10 minutes looking for guinea pigs in Flying Circus and only seeing horses I decided to read what was written beneath it..........

kimforbeads said...

Hi, Your book sounds great, you should read my very first blog, Sat. Sept 27 titled, Inspiration & creativity. It may be helpful, let me know.

Pat Winter Gatherings said...

I am a self taught crazy quilter who has been published several times and always run into such problems. I can only share what helps me, if you are interested.I think your book may help others having the same problem.
Pat

Unknown said...

Your book sounds just hte sort of thing I need. I would happily be a guinea pig for you if you would let me.

Vicki said...

I'd like to be a guinea pig if you still need them. I am very good a putting blocks in my path to creativity - although I am consciously trying to change my ways.
Vicki