meta name="p:domain_verify" content="c874e4ecbd59f91b5d5f901dc03e5f82"/>

Pages

Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Long Time No See...


but I've been around. I've had visitors staying here, from Inverness, and we've been having a great time. And when they left on Friday, last week, I popped up to York to meet up with my sister and brother in law for the weekend. In amongst all that, of course, I still managed to take photographs for the 'scars/cracks' series of work that's ongoing, work from which will be shown in Watton at the end of this month in the 'Mixing Up The Marks' exhibit.

Mixing Up The Marks will have five of us showing together, three photographers, a textile artist and me. I'm not sure what to describe myself as, other than artist, as I seem to be showing and making mainly mixed media at present (that would be a good tongue twister... try muttering making mainly mixed media ten times...). It is taking place from 24th October - 1st November
at the Dragonfly Gallery, Wayland House, High St, Watton, Thetford, Norfolk, IP25 6AR
Tel: 01953 883915 Fax: 01953 884084, and is open daily 10.00am – 4.00pm except Saturday 10.00am – 1.00pm, closed Sunday. In fact, I'm going today to arrange to spend some time demonstrating at the exhibit; I'll let you know what we arrange. Jill Arnold, my textile artist friend, will probably also do some demonstrating. If anyone wants to meet up with me at the exhibit, please email me; I'd be happy to come and talk to you about the exhibit, and maybe have a cup of coffee, too!

As well as all of this, I've been talking to Popular Patchwork; an excerpt from Lovely Lutradur will be featured in their January 2009 issue, but you don't have to wait that long to catch a glimpse of my work in their pages... the December issue will feature a little taster...and more... so do check them out! (For those of you not in the UK, Popular Patchwork is a UK magazine; click the link for more information). So, life is busy, and exciting!

Today's image is 'Setting Sun'; suddenly it's chilly, the colours are changing in the garden and the sun is distinctly lower in the sky... soon be Christmas. Of which more later in the week! More images of Setting Sun can be found by clicking here

5 comments:

Judy Nolan said...

How exciting to see you seeking out different kinds of venues to promote your work! I checked out the Popular Patchwork site, too, to find out what it is all about, and it looks interesting. Great blog post!

CAT Productions said...

Beautiful work!

Helen said...

love this sunset piece Marion

AltheaP said...

Beautiful sunset. Let me know when they serve refreshments at the reception, and I'll be there! (I wish.)

kimforbeads said...

I love the colors in this piece, what a wonderful job.