meta name="p:domain_verify" content="c874e4ecbd59f91b5d5f901dc03e5f82"/>

Pages

Friday, October 10, 2008

Celebration...


Well, there's lots to be happy about. As well as a book excerpt in Popular Patchwork's January edition (hurrah...), I've been mentioned in dispatches on Etsy today! The Storque is Etsy's in house magazine, and I've been included in this article on 'High End Textile Art'. I'm honoured to be there, as the article is a showcase for all kinds of textile art, and has some wonderful artists and images included. Please do check it out!

What else is celebration worthy? Apart from the pure joy of living, of course, which I'm full of, today. I'm delighted that some of you have volunteered to be guinea pigs for the new book... see the post below if you have no idea what I'm talking about... I'm very grateful to them, and will be in touch after the closing date. I will keep a list of names after the event, with your permission of course, so if you apply to be a guinea pig for this book, and are not successful, I'll get in touch for the next one... or for the coaching sessions I'm planning. So please do email me if you are interested.

Now to do some work... a bit on the book, and a bit for the exhibition at the end of the month. Doesn't time fly when you're having fun???

Today's image is Autumn Flurries, one of the quilts I have on Etsy. It seemed appropriate, now that there is a distinct chill in the air, and the leaves are drifting slowly downwards... my favourite time of year.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So happy for your success Marion !!

Val said...

Lovely piece. Love the drift of colour at the bottom!

kimforbeads said...

That is so wonderful, congratulations.
Best wishes.

Featheronawire Sally Bramald said...

I really really like this piece!

Anonymous said...

I'm very pleased with the response to the Etsy article, Marion. Glad you were a part of the project. I look forward to meeting you in person when I come over to visit my friend near you. Bonnie

Rick said...

Beautiful patchwork!