Tuesday, July 08, 2008
Kate is back staying with me for a while, ostensibly to help me get organised, but also to play in the shed... Both of us were tired today, though, and so I decided to work in the cloth studio today. As well as working on a larger piece (lutradur and evolon combined) to hang in the SpunArt booth at Festival of Quilts this year, I finished off a couple of pieces that had been lying around almost finished, but somehow lacking something. I hope I've found the 'something' now. One of them needs beads attaching, another needs its edges trimming. This one, though, is all but finished. An Evolon piece, double postcard sized, it needed some stitch to finish it off. I'm fairly pleased; the colours in this one are subtle, and merge together nicely. It may well come with me to FOQ also.
In the next day or so, I'm going to make some more papers for dyeing; the last batch are nearly done, and I'm emerging from a reds and oranges period... or maybe I'm not! But I do want to work with some blues and pinks...so we'll see...