Wednesday, June 04, 2008
is the title of this new piece of work. I say new... in fact, it has been lying around waiting to be finished for some months now. I find I do this often; prepare pieces for stitch, only to leave them lying around until I work out what to do with them at some unconscious level. Then, when it's time, I pick them up again and complete the work. Or perhaps it's simpler than that; the time away from the piece allows me to see it clearly. Either way, or in some bizarre combination of both, I'm pleased with this one. It is a layer of dye painted lutradur over a piece of dye painted cotton, itself on velvet, and measures 15" by 21".
I've managed to complete several new pieces over the past couple of days; perhaps Robin should go away more often. Actually, I don't think I'd like that... but it is getting the work done!