meta name="p:domain_verify" content="c874e4ecbd59f91b5d5f901dc03e5f82"/>

Pages

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Playing


I'd forgotten what good fun it is to do some simple bookbinding. So, as Robin worked away at trying to get the doorbell chimer to work in the shed (took all afternoon to get a partial success, shame, really), I made some little pamplet books. The covers were a piece of acrylic painted watercolour paper that had been lying around for a while; the insides are made of a curiously textured hand made paper (no, not some of mine) with intruiguing fibres contained in it. As you can see, the result is four bright, cheery journals, each different, just right for popping into ones handbag. Bright is important, or at least it is to me... some of my handbags behave like the black hole of Calcutta. And, of course, now that I've made these, I'll just have to make some more!

4 comments:

maryeb said...

I like bright too. Very nice. Makes me want to pick up the book and use it!!

Zuda Gay Pease said...

Bright is a very good thing!!! Adorable, Marion!!!

loriotndorr::sloriot said...

brushy loveliness!

margaret said...

Making books is so satisfying. And jolly covers like yours are such a good way to use bits of paper and fabric.