meta name="p:domain_verify" content="c874e4ecbd59f91b5d5f901dc03e5f82"/>

Pages

Saturday, June 07, 2008

More Scars...



and more thinking. These are darker, these pieces, but they will become brighter as the process goes along. Scars don't disappear, after all...or some of them do, over time, but others remain, faint but there, and others remain much more obvious. I wonder what this series will change about my scars... or whether I am sufficiently detatched, after all this time, and all this therapy, to be able to look at the topic objectively, rather that, or perhaps as well as personally. Maybe it doesn't matter. As it is, these pieces are dark, but they reflect what that looks like, not how I feel. That's a big and important distinction for me, at least.

At the moment, I just want to get on with this work, and see what comes of it. So on Thursday, out with Jill, I bought quite a lot of medium, as well as a nice t shirt, so more scars and erosions will doubtless be around on the blog next week.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting theme, Marion, one I've pursued in writing, but not art. I'll look forward to seeing how this comes out in your work.

AltheaP said...

Ah, Marion, I love all your work, but the Scars just give me chills. I'm so glad I have one to keep me company!

Julie said...

Interesting textures Marion