meta name="p:domain_verify" content="c874e4ecbd59f91b5d5f901dc03e5f82"/>

Pages

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

It Started...



...with a rectangle, that blue rectangle there, and a burst of energy from somewhere. I've been recovering from a family visit, a shed move and a massive house tidy up (some of these things aren't quite completed yet, either), not to mention a summer cold, and not much is getting done other than sleeping and sneezing. So when I had an unexpected burst of energy this afternoon, I went up to the cloth studio and looked to see what was around. I prepped several things for quilting, even quilted one, then picked up the blue rectangle and though, what am I going to do with you?

The upshot was...absolutely nothing. As is the way with these things, the rectangle quickly got removed from the equation, and 'Meditation in Yellow And Blue' was born. It's a small piece, just 8 1/2" by 13 1/2", and I suspect it would be better framed. It is made from small scraps of commercial fabric, fused to one of my hand dyed cottons, with a little foil added. It has a thoughtful feel to it...hence the title. I'll add it to the artmixter shop later today, if you want to see detail shots.

And I'm back to work...and suddenly I feel better. Wish I could say the same for my throat...sigh.

3 comments:

Precious Quilts said...

It's great when the muse takes over! Nice art quilt that would look great framed.

Rose said...

Lovely Marion!! I celebrate your return to "normal"... and understand it all too well :)

smarcoux said...

a little bird tells me your a year older.. happy bird day :)