meta name="p:domain_verify" content="c874e4ecbd59f91b5d5f901dc03e5f82"/>

Pages

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Just To Prove...


that I still do the occasional piece of textile work, this is a close up of a new piece, called 'Cracking Up'. It is made from lutradur which has been dyed and overdyed about six or seven times, and then stitched. The idea came from photographs I took at Hunstanton, where there are beautiful chalk cliffs that resemble coconut ice, red and white. There is a whole series in this, I think; meanwhile, I'm considering entering this into shows, so am not including a larger picture at this point.

I'm off to Paris tomorrow, to meet up with Dijanne, with the intention of working on the lutradur book, which we hope will be out soon! Meanwhile, if you want our free worksheet, please email me at lutradur (at)tiscali.co.uk. If you leave a message here, please make sure that I have your email address; most of the messages I get here, I can't reply to, and can't trace you, either. So do make sure I can reach you!

Meanwhile, I'll be back on Wednesday!

8 comments:

jewelstreet said...

That looks incredible. I love the color. Have fun in Paris.

Chauncey said...

beautiful, Marion. I love the many shades of orange.

High Desert Diva said...

I'll be interested to see larger photos of Cracking Up...

Kary said...

beautiful Marion!

Paris?? Can I come in your suitcase??
Have a sage & wonderful trip!
HugZ

Anonymous said...

Annick Huet has an exhibition of her quilts at the Espace France-Patchwork in the centre of Paris (address on their website). Bonne visite!

Julie said...

Love the colours in this Marion. This close up looks almost like wrinkled skin. (Hope I haven't said the wrong thing :) ) Lucky you going to Paris. I hope you have a great and productive time! :)

Anonymous said...

Hope you enjoyed Paris! Look forward to hearing more about the lutradur book. I love the colours in the piece shown.

Jean Levert Hood said...

Marion, the photo is beautiful, I can only imagine how majestic that would be standing there!
When I first saw this new piece, it reminded me of the palm of your hand with dyes!
Have a wonderful time!