and a pair of handdyed hands... oh well, I get carried away... I have a very small washing line, only room for half the cloth on there, so there are two shots of the cloth I made yesterday. The cloth, a cotton poplin, is turning out to be a good dye cloth. Which is just as well, given that I have over a hundred metres of the stuff... Bessie the Boiler is proving her worth, providing me with the water to do the dyeing, I'm eternally grateful to the people who gave her to me. Freecycle is a wonderful thing.
I took a couple of closeups of cloth I'm particularly pleased with, both in reds. I love working with dye, I haven't had an intensive dye day for a long time, and I'd forgotten just how good it is!
Today's batch of cloth has just had the soda ash added, and is working away happily in the sun. Tomorrow's has yet to be cut off the roll and run through the washing machine. I need to make up a fresh set of dyes (used them all up today...), and all will be ready for tomorrow. I might do some resist dyeing; one of my neighbours is coming to 'watch and learn'...that's what she thinks... shall get her involved by hook or by crook!
Meanwhile, lunch beckons, and a project for the lutradur book...no rest for the wicked!