meta name="p:domain_verify" content="c874e4ecbd59f91b5d5f901dc03e5f82"/>

Pages

Monday, June 11, 2007

Now Is Not The Time...


to have a crisis of confidence, with only a week to go before my trip to France, but it would appear I'm having one anyway. Maybe it's just the overcast weather. Maybe it's the backache. Maybe it's the phase of the moon. Who knows? I just woke this morning thinking that it's all rubbish. So I did what anyone would. I got on with the work anyway. I want to take a selection of postcards and small works to decorate the booth I'm demonstrating in...so I've been finishing off the bits and pieces that have been lying around. This particular piece was made by embellishing wool and other yarns onto a piece of curtain fabric, and a piece of lutradur added on top. Unusually for me, No Stitch Is Involved, unless you count the satin stitch round the edges (which I don't!).

Thank you to everyone who commented on dyeing to sell. Today, the handdyes look as bad as everything else does, but perhaps the sun will come out tomorrow, my mood will improve and all I'll have to worry about is how to get all the stuff I need to take with me to Lyon. The lutradur is being posted; I just have to worry about the rest of it. And it's always astonishing to me just how much 'stuff' you need in order to run a workshop, even if it is only for a couple of hours. Still, hopefully the participants will enjoy it, have fun and make wonderful things to take home...and it'll have been worth it.

5 comments:

Digitalgran said...

All the best on your trip to France. They will all love you there and you will be wondering why on earth you were worried.

Featheronawire Sally Bramald said...

And KNOW what Margaret says is true. Remember they asked you. They wan you and your stuff

Anonymous said...

Go for it girl - you know you CAN do it ....

Big hug
Sheila B

Susan D said...

Best of luck with your workshop. It is hard to have faith in your own abilities sometimes. I know I have days when I think Yuk what is that and others when I I say to myself have I really done that.

Helen said...

Thankfully Marion you know "a different day, a different light" and you'll find a fresh head on it all. You'll do France and they will love you what ever, so just go and enjoy the adventure. hugs Helen