meta name="p:domain_verify" content="c874e4ecbd59f91b5d5f901dc03e5f82"/>

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Sometimes...


you have to wait a while before the solution becomes obvious. While Sandy was drifting through my sewing room, she found a piece that I made when I first got hold of lutradur. It uses a piece of lightweight lutradur that was printed by Dijanne Cevaal which she sent me in some samples of lutradur to play with. That was a while ago! I'd layered it over a print I'd made, a symbol I use often to indicate abundance, part of my personal imagery. But there was something unsatisfactory about it. I picked it up and put it down, and finally, it joined the mayhem in the workroom, those things that you don't want to throw out, but aren't happy enough with to continue.

Anyway, out it came last weekend, and I knew immediately what to do with it. I added a little more stitch, and then burned out the lutradur to show the underlying pattern. And then, added a little copper foil, just a hint of it. And here it is.

I usually throw out things I'm not happy with, or cut them up. To be honest, it doesn't happen all that often, perhaps I'm just easily pleased. But I knew there was a solution to this particular problem, just didn't know, at the time, quite what it was. I'm pleased with it, now. I think I'll mount and frame it; it's only A4 sized.

1 comment:

Dianne said...

This piece is really great, up close it looks fantastic...
Don't you love it when the plan finally comes together...