meta name="p:domain_verify" content="c874e4ecbd59f91b5d5f901dc03e5f82"/>

Pages

Friday, March 30, 2007

Getting To Grips...



with Thunderbird is proving to be...interesting, but worthwhile. I love the way it eats spam! I did get a bit alarmed when all my mail disappeared, and twenty messages seemed to be around somewhere, but not findable...but I sorted that out All By Myself. If you hear a note of smugness in that last comment, you're absolutely right.

So, have a look at Around and Around, a lutradur piece which I've just finished. It started as a dark brown monoprint on white linen, which had a piece of dyed lutradur added to it. I then stitched and added embellishment using coloured gutta. You don't see the layers particularly well in the overall shot, so I've added a detail, too. Remember you can click on the images for a closer (and larger) look. Overall, I'm pleased with the result. Now to tackle the Much Bigger Piece of Lutradur that's lying on the ironing board, for which I Have Plans.

4 comments:

Linda B. said...

Thunderbird indeed! Smugness is definitely allowed.

Karen Stiehl Osborn said...

Marion, I love this new piece! The colors and the circles are wonderful.

Rayna said...

This is a gem, Marion. You are so productive it's giving me a complex. But I don't know how you cope without OUtlook Express, in which you can color-code all the people you want to read and ignore everybody else. Last I looked, plain old Outlook wasn't that sophisticated.

Dianne said...

I love the new colors your using, I hope it means your feeling better. Love the peice and the photo below with the new material..
Hope you get your machines on the go.. Bigs hugs to the both of you....