meta name="p:domain_verify" content="c874e4ecbd59f91b5d5f901dc03e5f82"/>

Pages

Monday, January 15, 2007

Hanging...


Today, we began the interesting task of hanging a group of diverse work in the beautiful space that is the Hobart Gallery in Blickling Hall. After a shaky start, George and I distributed paintings and textiles around the space, considering the way pieces looked together, the dialogue between them, and gradually came up with an arrangement that pleased us both. Hopefully, it will please other people, too... I go to collect more work from members tomorrow morning, and will then hang all the pieces in the space, rearranging if necessary to get the best effect. And maybe tomorrow I'll actually remember to take my camera, and give you a sneak preview of what things look like.


Meantime, another example of the work I did yesterday with the embellisher. This is a really simple piece, made using a small rectangle of kimono silk that someone gave me years ago, embellished onto a piece of blue wool, with some yarns added on top. I like simple. I can see, though, that I'm going to have to concentrate on straight, too...but it was only a trial piece (she said consolingly to herself...). Better next time...

2 comments:

Dianne said...

I really like the piece and didn't think it needed straghten out since it was like a leaf blowing in the wind...And yes we would love a sneak preview for us across the pond.. Hope alll goes well with Doc and meds my dear..

Digitalgran said...

I love it Maureen and I agree with dianne, I have started to realise that having everything straight is not imortant anymore. It's lovely as it is.