meta name="p:domain_verify" content="c874e4ecbd59f91b5d5f901dc03e5f82"/>

Pages

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Busy, Busy, Busy


I lost yesterday to the demon hayfever. I sneezed, and then I sneezed, and then, yes, you have it, I sneezed some more. I dripped, I sniffed, I was not good company. So, other than some prep for a meeting today, and a bit of writing (for a book does not write itself, no matter how good your computer!), I did very little.

Today, though, I zoomed into Norwich for a very productive meeting of the people who volunteered to do some of the admin that's necessary if you want to have a group; writing the constitution, for instance, finding funding...it all has to be done somehow, by someone. I took cake. Well, these things go better with cake! Muffins all round (though two of my colleagues declined. I was really upset...imagine, I'll have to eat them myself, now, and they're double chocolate....). Then, off to Helen's workshop to touch base with her and Heather, and eat salad and yes, more cake! And I left my trusty Bernina in her capable hands; if she can't fix it, she'll take it to A Man Who Can, for which I'm eternally grateful.

I'm tired now, though, and think it will be an early night; the cats got me up at 5am to feed and let them out...and then Merlin did a reprise at 6.30am...Robin got up at that point in disgust. When asked why, he said, well, you woke me shouting at Merlin. Still, he's in Amsterdam til Friday late, so I'm not overly sympathetic!

Meanwhile, the picture is a work in progress, an A5 piece which I'm stitching on the Husqvarna. It's been a while since I used it, but it seems to be working Just Fine. The purplish dots on it aren't quite as pronounced in real life...but my scanner seems to think they should be more prominent than they are.

No comments: